Prev: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi Next: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:04:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

--- Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk>
wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2000 Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:
>
> > G Baily lamented
> >
> > > *sigh*  I miss reading some good sf.  Anyone have any suggested
> > > readings of new novels?
> >
> > I really enjoyed the "Uplift" Saga by David Brin.
>
> or the Culture series by Iain M Banks - might be hard to get
stateside. i
> am/was halfway through 'Excession', and it is seriously brilliant.
> intelligent, well-written space-opera-without-being-brainless.

Iain Banks is getting easier to find stateside. I've seen trade
paperbacks of a
lot of the series (including the mandatory "State of the Art" ) in
several SF
Bay Area stores. We may be ahead of the curve tho...

Btw, I think we're getting into FAQ territory again.

http://im.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi Next: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi