Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Minis Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Colours

ship naming (was: Re: MT missiles)

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:02:45 -0400
Subject: ship naming (was: Re: MT missiles)

Mike Miserendino wrote:

> Indy wrote:
> > http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/un_roster.html
>
> Quite a list now!

For a while I was scouring the list for people who posted and cross-
correlated that with the original list of names. If a name didn't appear
in the original list (ie, was a newly joined lister or a lurker whom I
had missed in the past), then I added their name to the list.

I've been too busy, though, lately to keep that up. Just once in a while
now.  :-/

> > The bulk of the ships you'll find on the NAC fleet roster page. But
the
> > "Miserendino" is a UN vessel.
>
> Cool!  I've named ships after list members and GZG judges at cons
> before.  It's fun to include the "gang" in naming.

Don't play against our Jon Atkinson. Last time I was in a scenario
with/against him, he specifically *targetted* the Tuffley-class DDHs
because he thought it was annoying to have them named so. IMO they're
a good ship, but when singled out for execution...

> > > Of course, it's off by one letter.
> > D'oh!!!!
>
> Thanks for the correction and the ship!

Thanks for catching it for me! I don't know where my head went when
I first put it in...

Mk

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Minis Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Colours