Prev: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle

Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle

From: Tom Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 21:42:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

>	  Heh. Reminds me of an ancient SF short story, who's name
>	  escapes me at the moment (I believe it was collected in
>	  an anthology entitled something like "Dreadnoughts"
>	  or "Starfighters")

Space-Fighters
Edited by Joe Haldeman
0-441-77786-4

The story in question is called "Early Bird" by Thodore Cogswell and
Theodor Thomas.  Quite fun, I just re-read it since you reminded me.

I always thought that would make a good premise for a game, constantly
mutating creatures with massive bioweapons fighting for no other reason
than to eat, mate and produce even more advanced creatures.  It'd make
for some pretty spiffy miniatures as well...

Anyway I highly recommend this book, lots of good stories there.  It
also holds a special place in my heart as the first time I read Ender's
Game. (the original short story)

Tom

Prev: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle