Prev: Re: real world colonization Next: [DSII] DSII stats for K'Kree

Re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:41:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

On Mon, 15 May 2000 08:50:05 +0100, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
wrote:

>To add an [OFFICIAL] question to Mikko's useful little poll, what do
people
>think about legislating on entry speeds, directions etc. in the rules
as a
>general principle? Should we have hard and fast rules, or
>suggestions/guidelines, or leave it open (as it is now) for each
playing
>group to decide for themselves?

Well, I'll join the Greek Chorus in saying that I would prefer
guidelines to
strict rules. I would like some sort of rules, though, for varying
"meeting
engagements". Some sort of random system for locations on the board,
initial
speeds, headings, that sort of thing.

I suspect you're thinking along these lines. I say add them, but make
them
optional.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: real world colonization Next: [DSII] DSII stats for K'Kree