Prev: [OT] Irregular 6mm Infantry Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #884

Re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:01:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >Facing depends on scenatio, but generally towards one another.
> >
> >Speed, I tend to use a multiple of the ship's Main Drive rating.
> >

> >Schoon
>
> To add an [OFFICIAL] question to Mikko's useful little poll, what do
people
> think about legislating on entry speeds, directions etc. in the rules
as a
> general principle? Should we have hard and fast rules, or
> suggestions/guidelines, or leave it open (as it is now) for each
playing
> group to decide for themselves?

Hmmmm, good question. I would not have hard/fast rules on it; too
many people play with too many different styles, which means different
starting speeds.

I might say make some *guidelines* or suggested speeds, but with the
caveat that players should feel free to decide amongst themselves the
final starting speeds for engagements.

Mk

Prev: [OT] Irregular 6mm Infantry Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #884