Prev: Re: (FT) Floating table Next: Re: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game.

Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 23:02:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Just as an added bit of information for everyone that looks only
at the money issue.  I have a historian friend who can make a
very strong case for the fact that almost every war pre-WWII war
can easily be explained by population pressure, including the
crusades.  (Yes, taking over NA was a war against the natives).

The thing she pointed out to me is when you have population
pressure you don't really need to get rid of _all_ the
excess population, you only need to get rid of most of those who are
troublemakers or are aggressive.  Other than those individuals
who would end up being your colonists the majority of the rest
of the human race gets along fairly well in cramped quarters.

Roger

Prev: Re: (FT) Floating table Next: Re: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game.