Prev: Re: Colonization Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

A battle report (sort of)

From: "Paul Radford" <paulradford@i...>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 01:03:06 +0100
Subject: A battle report (sort of)

Hi folks,

I was just involved in a battle using Kra'Vak vs Sa'Vasku. The battle
was of
approximately equal points (take a look at
http://www.innotts.co.uk/~paulradford/gaming/ft/lienz7.html ) for
details of
the two sides.

What ensued was a somewhat one sided battle. Both players are
experienced FT
players for starters so it wasn't like a veteran taking on a newbie at a
convention. The Sa'Vasku completely outclassed the Kra'Vak. The reasons
were
simply due to the fixed forward arcs of their primary K-guns. Both
Sa'Vasku
and Kra'vak possess advanced drives (we were using cinematic movement
incidentally) but Sa'Vasku stinger nodes are not really limited by arcs
in
the same way. As it turned out, fast moving Sa'Vasku ships were able to
either a) keep out of range or b) be outside the forward arcs of the
k-guns,
and continue to fire. Even if they are rolling a couple of dice and
scoring
a few points of damage, its more than the Kra'Vak were able to do. On
top of
this, the Sa'Vasku had on average, more power available to weapons and
thrust simply due to the fact that they never had a need to power up
their
shield nodes (no power allocated to defense) as they have no effect on
K-guns anyway. I feel Sa'Vasku may not fair so well against everyone
else
and that Kra'Vak may fair much better against non-Sa'Vasku (which we
have
yet to test!). At least i hope so, what with a shipment of Kra'Vak
miniatures on order! :)

As anyone else noticed this, or want to comment?

I can't comment on what effect vector movement may have had as our FT
group
uses cinematic movement.

Cheers,

Paul
"Oh my god! They've summoned Cthulhu! You bastards!

Web Pages: