Prev: Re: OT: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game. Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

From: wargamergmw@j...
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 07:24:17 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

On Thu, 11 May 2000 22:46:29 -0400 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:
>Snippage.

>Of course.  Not only to you need a reason to leave, you need a
>place to go to.  Otherwise you'd move to New Zealand, instead of
>another planet.  I don't disagree with most of your analysis.
>But I think you underestimate the lure of freedom.  If you
>offered me a square kilometer of farmland and no federal or
>state regulations or taxes to worry about, I'd sign up so fast
>the paper would smoke.  Okay, maybe it would cost $40K per
>person (I'm figuring that based on roughly 30 airline flights="a
>month's travel"), I could sell the house and have money left
>over to buy starter equipment, so let's go!  Or the army could
>offer it as a benefit--stay in for 20 and you can be discharged
>on New Eden, with your own land.

 PLUS, for us wargamers, you get 'instant militia' on the planetary
frontier!

Gracias.
Glenn Wilson, Triple Threat Wargamer - (since 1959 loses equally well in
SF/Fantasy/Historical Games.)  Prefers Starguard Science Fiction,
Fantasy
Dwarf, 1500-1700 North America Skirmishes.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: OT: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game. Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation