Prev: Re: OT: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game. Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: MT missiles

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 07:05:04 +0200
Subject: Re: MT missiles

Roger Books wrote:

>>3000 points of serious pure-MTM thrust-8 boats is somewhere around
>>150-160 MTMs; with average (ie, Average + some armour <g>) hull
>>integrities only about a quarter of them need to hit and penetrate
your
>>point defences to wipe your fleet out. I'm not entirely sure I'd want
>>to rely on heavy PDS suites alone against this threat.
>
>I am counting on the fact that I can make at least a few miss, and,
>barring that, force them to come in on two or more turns.  If I can
>spread them out over 3 turns that's a minimum of 2PDSs per missile.

If you can't make quite a lot of the missiles miss, you're going to
take massive damage and will need to kill even more massive numbers of
missile boats to pull off a victory. With 15% of your Mass used for
PDSs you don't have that many weapons available to kill the missile
boats with.

If you are confident that you *can* make quite a lot of the missiles
miss, you can replace half or so of your point defences with weapons
which allow you to kill more evading missile boats faster .-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: OT: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game. Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation