Prev: Re: Test post Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: Reasons for colonizing)

From: wargamergmw@j...
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 22:26:13 EDT
Subject: Re: Reasons for colonizing)

On Thu, 11 May 2000 08:15:28 EDT "A Scruffy Drummer"
<jfriant@hotmail.com> writes:
>On May 11, wargamergmw@juno.com wrote:
>>Somewhat like the Bureau of Relocation?  Where did I read that?
>>West of Honor??
>
>Sounds like the book where a group from England were grabbed and sent
>to a
>colony in sleep boxes but their ship crashed on a planet inhabited by
>sentient telepathic trees(?), small tree guardian bipeds, and giant
>hungry
>worms.  There was a telepath that could communicate with the trees, I
>think.
>  Too bad I can't remember the name, it was a good book as far as I
>could
>remember it... even if the end started getting a bit lame.
>
>Jakim

FOUND IT!

The Mercenary by Jerry Pournelle, John Christian Falkenberg.

West of honor was the second book!

Gracias.
Glenn Wilson, Triple Threat Wargamer - (since 1959 loses equally well in
SF/Fantasy/Historical Games.)  Prefers Starguard Science Fiction,
Fantasy
Dwarf, 1500-1700 North America Skirmishes.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: Test post Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation