Prev: RE: OT: 1/300 destroyers Next: Re: OT: 1/300 destroyers

Re: 1/300 destroyers

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 01:39:17 +1000
Subject: Re: 1/300 destroyers

From: "Mikko Kurki-Suonio" <maxxon@swob.dna.fi>
Subject: OT: 1/300 destroyers

>  Does anyone know of a source for 1:300 (yes, microarmor scale) WWI or
> WWII destroyers (yes, naval ships). Plastic kits, resin, metal doesn't
> matter which.

Revell Deutschland does some Modern ones. Revell also did a 1960 vintage
frigate, and a 1950 vintage "Forrest Sherman".

I have a few oldies from Revell USA, namely the Fletcher class. That's
about
it, I'm afraid. Monogram made a Landing Ship Tank, but I have 2 and
haven't
seen any others for years. The USS Buchanen by Revell is also a bit out
of scale - about 1/250 - and there's a 1946 vintage Coast Guard cutter
that
would do at a pinch. Oh yes, and a Revell Sumner class DD that can
easily be
converted into a "Fast Amphibious transport".

Prev: RE: OT: 1/300 destroyers Next: Re: OT: 1/300 destroyers