Prev: Thoughts on FB3, MT missles Next: Re: Thoughts on FB3, MT missles

RE: Thoughts on FB3

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 12:15:13 -0400
Subject: RE: Thoughts on FB3

I don't have the FB2 yet, but I thought that this was addressed
(somewhat)
in vector by making rotations and thrust come out of the same pool (I
assumed that rolls counted as a rotation).

In cinematic,  a roll counts as a 1 pt turn. So it is not at "no
penalty".

While we are on the subject of maneuvering and its effects on combat,
how do
people play the "no fire through the aft arc" rule in vector?
 - Cannot fire through rear arc of ship (as it is oriented during the
firing
phase).
 - Cannot fire through the arc that was aft when MD was used.
Since a ship can rotate (even 180 degrees) after firing MD, it makes
quite a
bit of difference. I don't use the "aft arc prohibited except when MD
isn't
used" rule, but wanted to know how others played it.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/