Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: Re: Thoughts on FB3

Re: A little more on trade

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 21:10:10 -0400
Subject: Re: A little more on trade

Allan Goodall:
>Does this sound feasible in the Tuffleyverse? You bet. I'm not
sure what power
>you would have representing the Union and the Confederacy (as
they are part of
>the NAC) but you could use the ACW for an analogous campaign,
with the NAC and
>FSE aiding one side, and the NSL and ESU aiding the other.
>
>Another good analogous war is the Seven Years War (everyone
except Americans
>are taught that the "French and Indian War" was just the North
American phase
>of the Seven Years War). You could base a good FSE (and
possibly ESU?) vs. NAC
>and NSL campaign there. You even have analogs for Old World
combat (perhaps
>core worlds) and New World conflicts (outer worlds).
>
>19th century wars make for good sources of inspiration.
Individual battles
>(naval more than ground) can make for good FT scenario
inspirations.

Later actions as well.	I imagine the French Indochina campaign,
or the Malaya insurgency, or others where a relatively small
number of well-equipped professionals at the end of a long
supply line face large numbers of locals armed with whatever
they can make or have smuggled in, fighting the occasional
battalion or brigade level action interspersed with lots of
small unit raids.  For the FTers, add the smugglers and the
blockade squadrons and you have a mini-campaign ready to go.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: Re: Thoughts on FB3