Prev: Re: The economics of interstellar invasions Next: Re: A little more on trade

Re: Thoughts on FB3

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 07:55:15 -0700
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FB3

>Rules:
>* Sensors (and ECM/ESM etc).
>* MT Missiles
>* Needle Beams ( although that's in FB1, no FB1 ships use em)

Agreed

>* Some Spinal Mount Gun? The Wave Motion Gun might be OK, the Nova
Cannon is
>right out! I'd prefer not to have either, but the UN SuperDread model
is
>crying
>out for one. *shrug*

I'd rather not have this in FB3. It was unbalancing before, and I don't
see
any change. However, if its mechanic were changed to something more
quantifiable, it could be properly balanced.

>Fleets
>* NI - here we have a problem. There are a very nice range of New
Israeli
>ships
>offered, but GZG don't make them. Perhaps we should let sleeping dogs
lie.

..and very nice ships they are. This wouldn't prevent Brigade from
publishing something similar (Tony?)

>Some options:
>* Same rules as Fighters but:
>endurance 3, speed 18(say)
>CAN burn the an endurance to go 6" like a fighter can 12.
>MUST attack closest target within 6".

I'd say 24" move with a 2 (3?) turn endurance, but homes on a specific
target. That way fighter don't automatically eat them for lunch

>Feedback? Do we all agree that FB3 at least should have UN and IF?

I do at least.

>Do we all agree that FB3 should have as a target "all the ships that
GZG makes
>for FT that haven't appeared in FBs 1&2?"

No. That's not necessary. By the time it's out, there will be more
ships.

>What about a goal time - say Christmas?

I have no idea what you've been smoking ;-) A more realistic goal might
be
Christmas of NEXT YEAR. These books take quite alot of time and effort
put together.

Schoon

Prev: Re: The economics of interstellar invasions Next: Re: A little more on trade