Prev: Re: The economics of interstellar invasions Next: Re: The economics of interstellar invasions

Re: The economics of interstellar invasions

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 08:58:48 +1200
Subject: Re: The economics of interstellar invasions

Rob wrote:
> Regarding shipping water around earth--aren't there plans to do just
that?
I thought I came across a news article on that somewhere (now if I could
only remember where that was).

A few years back there was plans to pump fresh water from the fjords of
New
Zealand into a supertanker and sell the water to Saudia Arabia. The plan
fell through, not through costs, but because sailing a tanker through
the
fjords would degrade the natural ecosystem.
    Unfortunately, I can't recall the date or what paper it was in.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: The economics of interstellar invasions Next: Re: The economics of interstellar invasions