Prev: Re: [ADMIN] List issues Next: Re: [ADMIN] List issues

Re: FB2 Errata

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 20:19:34 +0200
Subject: Re: FB2 Errata

Alan Brain wrote:

>p45:
>"Level-1 screens negate rolls of 4; level-2 screens and vapour shrouds
>negate rolls of 4 or 5."
>
>This should, I believe,  read:
>"Level-1 screens negate rolls of 4; level-2 screens and vapour shrouds
>negate rolls of 4 or 5, and reduce rolls of 6 to 1DP + re-roll."

No, it's just plain wrong. Neither level-2 screens nor vapour shrouds
negate rolls of 4 or 5; that's what the old level-*3* screens used to
do.

Level-2 screens negate rolls of 4 and reduce rolls of 6 to 1DP +
re-roll; they don't have any effect at all on rolls of 5 :-/

>QUESTION: Can ships make 2 different direction turns in the same - er
>- turn in cinematic movement? This doesn't come up in FB1 style play,
>as few ships have Thrust-8,

No, but very many ships have Thrust-4 or more which gives them 2 thrust
points to maneuver with, and that's all you need to turn in two
different directions in the same game turn.

The FT2 movement rules don't allow it, but it seems to be a fairly
common house rule. (Read: "I use it, and I know several others who do
so as well" <G>)

>and a R1L1 turn won't make much difference from a forward move.

You don't use (F)-arc weapons much, I guess? Sideslip maneuvers are
very useful for aiming those, particularly to avoid those annoying
"target is just outside arc" occasions... Indeed, I'd rate the
Sideslips more useful overall than the Roll Ship one allowed in FB1.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [ADMIN] List issues Next: Re: [ADMIN] List issues