Prev: The economics of interstellar invasions Next: Re: [FT] - FB2 typo/error

[FT] FB2 Errata(?) and SV design

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 12:49:27 -0400
Subject: [FT] FB2 Errata(?) and SV design

Unless I'm mistaken, the Example Sa'Vasku ship on Page 24 should have
NPV
320 instead of 342.
Mass comes out right.

Hull+Biomass+carapace+PG+MD+FTL+3xsting+PL+2xSpic+2xCort+Scr
100+60+20+44+20+20+18+9+6+8+15 =320

Also, on the next page the Thrust table, while accurate, says that the
example ship can reach thrust 6 with 24 power points if the main drive
is
damaged. While that is mathematically true, the ship only has 22 Power
points available at maximum (4 Power generators at 5/5/6/6.

SV designers should note that while mass costs always round up (i.e.
Main
drive mass of 10% for a 101 Mass ship rounds to 11 Mass), Power point
requirements for Thrust round up only at .5 and up. Thus, as
demonstrated in
the SV FB2 thrust tables, a thrust power point cost of 3.4 rounds to 3
and a
cost of 5.6 rounds to 6.

Speaking of SV design, I've adapted Jared Noble's Fleet Book Ship
Construction Sheet v0.4 (MS Excel) to the Sa'Vasku Combat Construct
Construction Sheet v0.1. The spreadsheet has all the necessary
ingredients
for SV ship creation (+ one or two extra), including power point costs
and
automatic Thrust table generation. I've tested itvs. several FB2 designs
and
it looks right. I'd be happy to email it to interested people (including
the
FT Computer Core). Reply to me off list if you want it and can take
Excel
attachments.

Noam

Prev: The economics of interstellar invasions Next: Re: [FT] - FB2 typo/error