Prev: New Email for Schoon Next: The economics of interstellar invasions

Re: PDP-8 building instructions in your kitchen...

From: "Charles N. Choukalos" <chuckc@b...>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 12:19:00 -0400
Subject: Re: PDP-8 building instructions in your kitchen...

Alan (I think was the one who posted this originally)....

Dude, please email/point me to the directions for this.  I'd love to
hack
around and build a pdp-8.  Jeesh the way we prototype asics/uP's is
cobble together one (or lots for happy uP's) of FPGA's, burn your
"supposedly stable" version and go to town with hardware sim.......  But

talk about expensive fpga's!  Gessh... $100 bucks, my kitchen and a
PDP-8
chip... that would be really cool... I'm already thinking of really
stupid things you could do with a host of pdp-8's....

Thanks,
Chuck

--
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
|Chuck Choukalos | IBM : 1000 River Road   | Phone:802-769-5787 (tie
446)

|PD Methodology  | Essex Junction, VT 05452| Fax  :802-769-5722 (tie
446)

|Department	 | Bldg. 863H Dept. G07V   | Email:chuckc@btv.ibm.com

-

Prev: New Email for Schoon Next: The economics of interstellar invasions