Prev: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises! Next: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control...

Re: OT: Best quote on gun control...

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 10:01:11 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control...

Sorry, but this one is just toooooo tempting...

>   To paraphrase your quote:  "Guns don't kill people, people kill
people."
> Yes, we really needed to hear that again.  Thank you.

Are you a ware that the man I quoted is FOR gun control...

>   In otherwords, you'll go against the lists social dictates to commit
> your crimes against us.  Your quote is especially fitting.  Too bad
you
> didn't listen to it yourself.

I do what logic, reason, and my ethical code dictate.  I don't give a
_____ (please
insert your favorite profanities and obscenities in the blank) what
people think about
me or my code of ethics.

> > Funny, my experience of sociology is that it is a rather stupid and
very expensive
> > game (in money and lives) played by highly degreed persons without
the
> > intellectual capacity to do differential equations.
>
>   It's certainly not played by people that can't even use an email
list
> properly, thank god.

That's not true at all...  I have two bachelor's degrees in the social
sciences area.
The one thing I learned while getting them is contempt for the
statistical methods used
for most of their research.  I do respect the dedication in archival
research and the
logical process in philosophy, but there are no philosophers today
(another topic
entirely...).

IAS

Prev: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises! Next: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control...