Prev: Re: Centimeters Next: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 21:13:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

>***
>Jon will doubtless give the definative answer, but I had thought
>they were derived from Johji Manabe's Outlanders.
>***
>
>*blush* I'm hushing up now.
>
>The_Beast

OOOOOkayyyyy.... let's get this one out of the way once and for all.....
 ;-)

1) Yes, it was Outlanders. The first Phalon ship design was inspired by
the
organic ships in the manga/anime - I showed the comic to Dave, who then
went away and did the first ship. The rest of the fleet were then
developed
from this starting point.
2) The ships came before the name; once we realised what everyone was
going
to think of them, much hilarity ensued at the workshop while we tried to
pick a name. Think yourselves lucky you got Phalons - for a while they
were
almost the Nobboronians.....  ;-)
3) Yes, the appearance and the name are a bit of an in-joke - but don't
be
fooled by that - in game terms they will be very nasty opponents (I was
going to say they're well hard, but that would probably start all the
jokes
off again......).

Alright now?

:-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Centimeters Next: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!