Prev: Re: [FT] - FB2 typo/error... Next: Re: Indonesian Commonwealth[Long-ish]

Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 13:42:03 GMT
Subject: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

In message <OFC775B9C9.5AB98813-ON862568D4.00421B65@uneb.edu>
devans@uneb.edu writes:

> I should like to remind the list, ONCE AGAIN, that Jon Tuffley, the
> designer of the Phalon fleet, had the audacity to call ME a dirty old
man!
> ;->=
>
> Hans, we've known this for some time, and it's been quite the in joke.
> be fair, Jon did confirm that the Phalon ships were actually
influenced by
> the anime' Nausicaa(sp?).

Jon will doubtless give the definative answer, but I had thought
they were derived from Johji Manabe's Outlanders. There's plenty
of similar manga artwork out there... the Japanese seem
particularly prone to investing machinery with organic (and
spiritual) properties.

If they are Manabe-like, this suggests that human-scale Phalons
will look like humanoid cats, and always be led a particularly
large well-scarred one-eye captain, just like in Outlanders,
Caravan Kid, Drakuun...

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: [FT] - FB2 typo/error... Next: Re: Indonesian Commonwealth[Long-ish]