Prev: [FT] - FB2 typo/error... Next: Re: [FT] - FB2 typo/error...

Re: [DS2] Points - crew cost

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:24:49 +1000
Subject: Re: [DS2] Points - crew cost

From: "Mikko Kurki-Suonio" <maxxon@swob.dna.fi>

> Thus, the stereotypical scenario would have an invader highly trained
but
> few in numbers, using the best equipment money can buy but averse to
> taking casualties, against a larger but less well-trained defender
using
> more or less outmoded (but locally maintainable) equipment but very
likely
> much better motivated (dying on West Bumfuck and dying to protect your
> loved ones have distinctly different rings to them).

Good summary.

Suggest that we have Combat PVs, so that forces with equal PVs have an
equal chance of winning, and Economic PVs ( ie Monetary Cost) for
Campaigns.
Cost of War Material will be about the same for both (but note cost of
transport),
 cost of personnel and total budget would be different depending on tech
level.

Prev: [FT] - FB2 typo/error... Next: Re: [FT] - FB2 typo/error...