Prev: Phalon ships = Giant penises! Next: Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!

Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 06:38:50 -0400
Subject: Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

Just think of me being a little hyper-sensitive when it comes to this
topic--I REALLY want to avoid a serious number-crunching system like
Striker
was--I just don't have the inclination to fiddle with annoying stuff in
my
hobby when it's all I do for work.

And there would be a lot more difference in an FB-type design system for
DS
than you're letting on--or have I missed something?  You know, there's
the
fact that in FB there's really only one drive system (okay, with FB2,
there's 2).  In DS, we're talking how many?  And how 'bout ground
pressure
being used to determine speed in addition to P/W?  Especially since most
movement will be cross-country and NOT on roads.  And in FB, you only
have
total armor, not on facings.  I guess I could go on, but I think you get
my
point.

Then again, I think that my level of required detail may just be a bit
less
than your preferred level :-)

Oh well, each to his (or her--sorry Beth) own.

Rob