Prev: Re: Starfire was Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Re: [DS2] Points - crew cost

Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 16:07:46 +1000
Subject: Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

G'day Oerjan,

>Doing it the current DSII way can work, but in this case armour needs
>to be *very* much more expensive than it is now. Personally I find the
>Fleet Book design system - which my DSII variant would resemble quite a
>bit - to be both less complicated and a lot more intuitive than the
>current DSII system.

I'm intrigued, I like the sound of this, how much of a departure from an
FBish system would you anticipate (i.e. obviously no requirement for
explicit hull boxes etc in DS etc so there will be some departure)?

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Starfire was Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Re: [DS2] Points - crew cost