Prev: Re: Simple Sensors III Next: Re: Starfire was Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 06:46:13 +0200
Subject: Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

Robert W. Hofrichter wrote:

>In other words, make it more like the original Striker rules.	Nicely
>detailed, and kind of fun to design vehicles, but only if you are into
>number-crunching.  Personally, I think I'd rather stick to something a
>little less complicated (like DS2--duh!).

Doing it the current DSII way can work, but in this case armour needs
to be *very* much more expensive than it is now. Personally I find the
Fleet Book design system - which my DSII variant would resemble quite a
bit - to be both less complicated and a lot more intuitive than the
current DSII system.

>Not that the current system is all that great in terms of realism--I
think
>it could be improved, without adding too much complication, by having
>armor use up space in the design, but to do the design by the
different >facings, etc, is probably going a little too far for me.

You can always use the current standard (front is 1 stronger, bottom 1
weaker than everything else). However, the past eight months has seen
at least four requests for customizable armour in DSII from other
players than me <shrug>

>And I like the idea of speed being a factor of P/W ratio, but I can't
off >hand think of an easy, simple, way to do it that wouldn't f-up the
current >simple design process.

Look at the Fleet Book system. Complicated? <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Simple Sensors III Next: Re: Starfire was Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.