Prev: RE: GenCon and JMS (kinda OT for some of you ;-) Next: Re: Simple Sensors III

Poisoned wounds (was Re: Gauss Weapons)

From: "A Scruffy Drummer" <jfriant@h...>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 12:40:33 EDT
Subject: Poisoned wounds (was Re: Gauss Weapons)

>Finally, do you REALLY want the other guy's wounded soldiers to think
that
>they're gonners in 30 days anyway, so they might as well take you with
>them...? I'd rather the other guy's wounded walked, crawled, or dragged

>themselves to the nearest aid station.

Okay, I'm going to stop lurking for a few minutes...
Maybe I'm missing something, but I wouldn't expect soldiers to charge
the
front lines after learning that they've been fatally poisioned by enemy
rounds.  It's seems the human mind is much to optimistic (or prone to
denial) to thow away a month that could be spent trying to get better.
Even
in the middle of a battle how's the soldier going to know for sure that
the
enemy was really using plutonium rounds (or what ever type of poison)?
think it would be more likely to have an adverse effect on the morale of
the
soldiers when after a month the wounded start dying.  Knowing that any
wound, no matter how small, will be fatal would make it difficult for me
return to the battle zone.

"I've been hit! Are they using poisoned bullets? Yes!? Charge!!"

Jakim

Prev: RE: GenCon and JMS (kinda OT for some of you ;-) Next: Re: Simple Sensors III