Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 08:32:47 PDT
Subject: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

>From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
>To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR
>Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 00:46:18 -0400
>
> ><< >Isn't a gauss weapon very likely to leave a trail back to
>the firer?
> >

> >No sound signature - and no flash. Why would it leave a trail?
>

>No sound signature?  You're saying it's a sub-Mach projectile?

I was wondering that myself, and reached two conclusions:

1: It might be possible to design a gauss weapon that fired a subsonic
round.	Those with more technical expertise will have to have the final
word
on the feasability AND desireability of such.

2: Perhaps it's possible to develop a gauss round that was sleek and
narrow
enough that it would not create much of a pressure cone.  That way, even
if
there is a sonic boom, it would be reduced.

I dunno, just some thoughts.  Whaddaya think?

Brian Bilderback

Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.