Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

Re: [FT] Simple Sensors II vs. Simple Simon Senosrs

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:25:42 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Simple Sensors II vs. Simple Simon Senosrs

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@jhuapl.edu>

> Schoon's come up with a simple sensor ruleset I could actually think
of
> playing with (if I didn't unfairly favor Simple Simon). What we have
now
are
> (at least) two extremely simple systems which have significantly
different
> game effects, and from first looks, scnarios could be well served by
either
> depending on the tastes of the players.
>
> Simple Simon Sensors (SSS) is a diceless "Information Only" sensor
system,
> where the only thing gained or concealed by sensors is ship stats and
> damage. Simple Sensors II (SSII) uses dice, if minimally, and can have
> profound game effects beyond mere information by making ships
effectively
> closer in or further for weapon-fire purposes. I am still biased
toward
the
> greater simplicity and smaller game impact in SSS, but could see
interesting
> hunting scenarios using SSII.

Perhaps SSS as the "core" with SSII as Option. Whatever. In any event,
I'd
like to see these playtested, as IMHO they're good candidates for
inclusion
in FB3/FT3.

For that matter, what's going to be in FT3?

Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR