Prev: Re: Flash on figures Next: Re: [FT] FB2 FAQ updated

[FT] Simple Sensors II vs. Simple Simon Senosrs

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:55:26 -0400
Subject: [FT] Simple Sensors II vs. Simple Simon Senosrs

Schoon's come up with a simple sensor ruleset I could actually think of
playing with (if I didn't unfairly favor Simple Simon). What we have now
are
(at least) two extremely simple systems which have significantly
different
game effects, and from first looks, scnarios could be well served by
either
depending on the tastes of the players.

Simple Simon Sensors (SSS) is a diceless "Information Only" sensor
system,
where the only thing gained or concealed by sensors is ship stats and
damage. Simple Sensors II (SSII) uses dice, if minimally, and can have
profound game effects beyond mere information by making ships
effectively
closer in or further for weapon-fire purposes. I am still biased toward
the
greater simplicity and smaller game impact in SSS, but could see
interesting
hunting scenarios using SSII.

Noam

Prev: Re: Flash on figures Next: Re: [FT] FB2 FAQ updated