Prev: Re: Simple Sensors II Next: Re: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

RE: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:18:54 -0500
Subject: RE: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

***
I think that the real trick is to make sure that valid victory
conditions
are specified for the scenario. If you base it on damage, then each time
the
SV use a pod weapon or launch drone pods, it is contributing toward the
victory points of the enemy. If you base it on number of ships lost,
then
the SV could bring in "Mass Donors" (ships with a lot of mass and a womb
"gift" another ship with mass as it uses it in combat) that sit back out
of
range. If you base it on damage inflicted, then it becomes a bookkeeping
nightmare.
***

Here I go again, commenting on the item when it's not seen my hand, but
will point out that damage inflicted is necessary when more than two
players
are involved, but that would seem easy enough to give the IP 'loss' VP's
to the owner(s) of the fighters/missles/etc., right?

Ya gots ta luv a weopen like this: go ahead, hit me, and give me more
points! (Not that I'm saying enough VP's; don't have the numbers.)

Feel free to spank me if I've missed the point.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Simple Sensors II Next: Re: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question