Prev: Re: Ships Next: Re: Simple Sensors II

RE: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:05:50 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

I would disagree with your ascertain that Interceptor Pods are
unbalanced.
As you pointed out, Scatter Guns go away after one use. However, they
are
not limited to larger KV vessels. The mass of a Pod Launcher makes them
hard
to fit on very small vessels. Also, they do not reduce the hull
integrity of
the KV ship as the Interceptor Pods do.

As to your comment about bringing along floating IP generators, what is
stop a KV player from bringing along a floating Scattergun platform? It
amounts to about the same.

I think that the real trick is to make sure that valid victory
conditions
are specified for the scenario. If you base it on damage, then each time
the
SV use a pod weapon or launch drone pods, it is contributing toward the
victory points of the enemy. If you base it on number of ships lost,
then
the SV could bring in "Mass Donors" (ships with a lot of mass and a womb
"gift" another ship with mass as it uses it in combat) that sit back out
of
range. If you base it on damage inflicted, then it becomes a bookkeeping
nightmare.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net