Prev: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control... Next: Ships

GMS in SG2 [for Oerjan]

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:03:08 -0400
Subject: GMS in SG2 [for Oerjan]

Follow up to something you wrote earlier I meant to comment on.

In SG2, the IAVR has infantry fire range bands (depends on quality of
unit - 6", 8", 10", 12") and adds a FP die equivalent to a SAW to fire
against infantry. A GMS probably could be fired against infantry, though
no mechanic exists (really). It would probably count as an area-weapon
attacking with D8 penetration against each member of the squad. This is
not at all the same as the impact of an IAVR, though both have the same
anti-armour effects. And GMS is rather different in that it has
across-the-table, line-of-sight range with no range modifiers - only ECM
affects it.

Maybe that helps?

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control... Next: Ships