Prev: RE: GMS/P vs. IAVR Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

Re: E. E. "Doc" Smith

From: "William Spencer" <williamspencer@h...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:22:17 PDT
Subject: Re: E. E. "Doc" Smith

Well, well. So that's what he had a PhD in.

I suppose this means that the gathering of the super drug thionite
("...as
much deadlier than cocaine as that drug is than coffee...") was the most

realistic part of the books, right? :)

(Admittedly, physics gives more fantastic space opera than agricultural
chemistry:

"Great Klono! Boskone has developed a new breed of super-macro-rust! By
this
time next season, all our corn crops will be so much mushy red paste!"

"Don't worry, Chief. I'll call Lensmen Kinnison and his squadron of
Valerian
farmers!"

"We can set up a battery of VYM coruscant-force sun lamps, too - that'll

help keep the stuff at bay!"

"QX...go to it!")