Prev: OT: Best quote on gun control... Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:13:05 PDT
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

>From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
>To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.
>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:49:23 +0200

>> >Point taken. However, I still like the idea of enhancing their
>capabilities,
> >with the higher rates of fire and mobile fire.
>
><sigh> You reason just like the Swedish government. "Oh, the biggest
>problem with our economy is that the taxes are so high that
>average-income families can't live on their wages but have to accept
>social security money to survive? Then we have to raise the taxes
>further so we can give them more social security money to live on!"
>
>Improving the Superior FCSs won't improve the game balance. Your
>high-tech force will still get crushed by an otherwise low-tech force
>which has paid the few extra points to get modern FCSs (which BTW is
>one of the easiest, and most common, ways to upgrade a tank, so this is
>a quite realistic scenario) - they still only cost between one-third
>and half of your tanks, and shoot just as good as you do :-/

I already acknowledged that the proposed enhancedments don't do anything
address the imbalance.	The reason I like them anyway is because they
add
more flavor to the concept of FireCon.	Admittedly, these enhancements
should be tempered by some adjustment in the point system to prevent
firecon
from completely dictating the game, but they do add another aspect to
the
game.

> >>It's all those other fancy gadgets - advanced power packs and
>mobility
> >>types in particular - that make high-tech vehicles so overpriced...
> >
> >Agreed. Which is why I feel even a high-tech force should use them
> >sparingly  and judiciously.
>
>The alternative is to set the price of those fancy gadgets to what
>they're actually worth in combat. Takes more work, though :-/

Another possibility is coming up with ways to even further enhance THEIR

usefulness.  Perhaps higher tech power types provide greater speeed for
vehicles.  Perhaps Grav vehicles should be allowed to perform Pop-up
attacks
like in Renegade Legion.... just some ideas, I'm sure there are others
out
there...

Brian Bilderback

Prev: OT: Best quote on gun control... Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR