Prev: Re: [FT] ANOTHER FB Question of St Jon Next: Re: [FT] ANOTHER FB Question of St Jon

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:32:07 PDT
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

>From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
>To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.
>Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:52:51 +0200
>

>Bad example. Upgrading from a Basic to a Superior FCS is quite probably
>the *best* investment you can make in the current DSII points system -
>the cost of the vehicle usually increases by somewhere between 5% and
>10% (unless it is a very small, very cheap vehicle with a very big
>gun), but its hit rate goes up by somewhere around 70% (boosting the
>combat power of the vehicle by about 30% compared to if it had had
>Basic FCS).
>
>Because of this, Superior FCs are very much *under*priced - if you
>really want to pay for what you actually get, they should cost about
>three times as much as they currently do! *Reducing* them in cost will
>do virtually nothing to correct the hi/low balance problem - even if
>you got them for free you won't save much more than 5% the cost of your
>high-tech tank.

Point taken. However, I still like the idea of enhancing their
capabilities,
with the higher rates of fire and mobile fire.

>It's all those other fancy gadgets - advanced power packs and mobility
>types in particular - that make high-tech vehicles so overpriced...

Agreed. Which is why I feel even a high-tech force should use them
sparingly
and judiciously.  I don't recommend using FGP unless you're also
fielding
MDC's, HEL's, and/or Fast GEV/Grav vehicles.  And I don't reccomend Fast

GEV's or Gravs for MBT's - reseve them for fast attack/recon work.
Although
I DO like MDC's.  While most of my forces use CFE or HMT engines, my
MBT's
use FGP to allow them to wield the MDC 5 - IMO the nastiest, most
all-range
all-around effective direct fire weapon in the human arsenal.

>I agree with the rest of your comments to Graeme's post <g>
>
>Regards,
>
>Oerjan Ohlson

Thanks. Now remind me what it was I said, so I can repeat it and look
good.

Brian Bilderback

Prev: Re: [FT] ANOTHER FB Question of St Jon Next: Re: [FT] ANOTHER FB Question of St Jon