Prev: RE: Gauss Weapons Next: Re: [OT]-Missing Something?

Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:16:30 +0100 ()
Subject: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

ok had this little niggle in a game against the FB2 sa'vasku

I attacked a sa'vasku cruiser well I think it was (they all look the
same didn't have time to count
the spines!) with 2 heavy fighter groups and 2 attack fighter groups.
All groups were fresh
from the carrier. Now my opponent then used the point defences of the
cruiser to defend himself
but also fired an interceptor pod from the cruiser and an interceptor
pod from another cruiser
which was a couple of inches away. This attack on my fighters basically
reduced 24 fighters
down to about 12 and could have been a lot higher!

Now I know fighters are easy to kill but what I had objection to were
the following:
Heavy fighters gained no benefits against the interceptor pod.
Other ships could use interceptor pods to attack fighters attacking
fellow ships.

Now the Kravak scatter guns take into account heavy fighters and they
are one shot weapons.
I know each interceptor pod strips a hull box but to be honest it seems
like a small price to pay
for something that effective.

Did we get something wrong or does that sound about right.

Jeremey Claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: RE: Gauss Weapons Next: Re: [OT]-Missing Something?