Prev: Re: Chainguns vs. Gatlings Next: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?

Re: Stabilization, was Tank ROF

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:27:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Stabilization, was Tank ROF

Brian B said:
>It seems to me that when it comes to quality of firecon, there
is a Big
>Three, a Holy Trinity if you will:  Accuracy, Rate of Fire, and
>Stabilization.

That's a Big Two.  Stabilization is part of accuracy.
(John Atkinson would insert a joke here about Byzantine
hairsplitting on the nature of the Trinity)

Snip rules for Running and Gunning.  While I haven't been
following this thread with great attention, I'd say the
distinction you're trying to draw is for a greater difference of
tech levels than is warranted.	It's not "What would
fusion-powered anti-grav panzers with DFFG's do against
Shermans," it's more like "how would the latest mark of Russian
tanks do against M1's?"  I'd say we can safely take it that all
2180 era tanks will be able to fire on the move.

Prev: Re: Chainguns vs. Gatlings Next: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?