Prev: Re: DS2 Balance Next: Rates of fire (was DS2 Balance)

Re: DS2 Balance

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <a.leibrick@v...>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:54:32 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance

This was asked
>  In the original
> post, all that was mentioned was how many tanks the hitek player could
> afford.  What about his infantry? Arty? Air support/helo gunships? One
> thought that struck me was that if the enemy is lo-tech, and relying
on
> cheap MBT's, he can't have much in the way of ADS/PDS/ECM - how much
GMS
> armed infantry support did you have? How many other threats did you
show
him
> in order to take pressure off your tanks?  As Owen has pointed out,
there's
> no advantage to being hi-tech if you just sit there and slug it out -
you'll
> eventually be overwhelmed. But if you keep the enemy on his toes, keep
him
> guessing HOW you're going to hit him next, you've got a shot.
>
> Brian Bilderback

I only had 4 MBTs with MDC/3 and GMS(H) and 2 ADS (enhanced) on the same
chassis. The other 14 IFV were all based around a different chassis.
I designed the to face various threats. The basic APC had GMS(L),
superior
ECM, LAD and APSW as standard. It had room for 2 fireteams and carried a
HEL/1 mainly for anti-personnel use but also for long range 'plinking'.
platoon of 4 APCs. Another 4 vehicle unit was ARVs that replaced the HEL
with a DFFG/2 and carried 1 team. The 4 ATVs carried 3 GMS(H) in a box
launcher on top. The HQ unit was in two vehicles that did not have any
weapon systems except LAD and APSW, as most of their capacity was taken
up
with C3 equipment but there was room for 1 team in each vehicle. 1 also
had
2 CASEVAC (VTOL). All vehicles were size 3, grav mobility with 2 levels
of
stealth. The MBTs and ADS units had armour 3 but I thought it strange
for
APC type vehicles to have the same level of armour as the MBTs so I only
gave them armour 2 (bad idea!!).

Tony

It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet.
Join AllAdvantage.com at
http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LBY-249

Prev: Re: DS2 Balance Next: Rates of fire (was DS2 Balance)