Prev: M163 Vulcan SPAAG Next: [OT] [FT][SG][DS] To trim, or not to trim

RE: DS2 Balance

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:57:38 +1000
Subject: RE: DS2 Balance

I like the idea of higher rates of fire for the increase in FC but this
might over balance a bit?....perhaps the approach of allowing EITHER
multiple shots but rolling a FC dice lower, or using the higher FC dice
but
only the one shot?
Example...

> Basic = 1
> Enhanced = 2
  2 shots using Basic or 1 with Enhanced
> Superior = 4
  4 shots using Basic, 2 using Enh or 1 using Sup
> Brilliant (D12) = 8
  8 shots using Basic, 4 using Enh, 2 using Sup or 1 with Brilliant

In any event, if Tony hasn't also Up Armoured then in a straight
slugging
match LoTek will always win....At odds of 5 to1 HiTek has to hit every
time,
LoTek only has to hit once.....

Try the tactic of hitting and pulling back to maintain your advantage of
range? I know it's easy for me to say coz I wasn't there; still.....

We did a similar comparison in SG prior to a competition using a points
system I believe Mr Pournelle proposed...for a standard Regular NAC
Platoon
of 4 8 man Squads the equivalent Lotek were 10 squads of 6 men with only
ARs.....the NAC didn't stand a chance; once the LoTek started piling
Suppressions on it was end of story.

Cheers,

Owen G