Prev: RE: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: M163 Vulcan SPAAG

Re: DS2 Balance

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:04:45 +1200
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance

Tony wrote:
> It's been mentioned that a lot of time was spent making sure that
FB1-2
weapons were balanced. I wondered if the same had been done or
considered
for DS2.

I believe not.

> The reason I ask, one of the first DS2 games I played I fielded a
mixed
force of Hi-tech AFV (superior FC, superior ECM and lots of stealth) it
was
22 vehicles for 8000 points. My opponent concentrated on low tech tanks
with
big guns, he had 60+. So although I could in theory hit him at longer
ranges
he had so many vehicles that he could absorb the losses, close the range
and
overwhelm me with weapons fire. The cost of the superior systems and
stealth
did not seem to balance having a overwhelming number of guns.

That's right. Low tech versus High tech doesn't seem to work out well
points
wise in DSII. The points cost for stealth, I believe, should be reduced.
    Another modification is for better quality FC to allow _more_ shots
of
the main gun per activation of the element. For example:

Basic = 1 (standard amount)
Enhanced = 2
Superior = 4
Brilliant (D12) = 8

To take advantage of these extra shots, your _entire_ force must be
designed
to this level of sophistication. For example, all GMS must be at this
level
of FC, as must ADS/ZAD, PDS and ECM, etc.

Caution: the above rule hasn't been playtested.

Opinions, contrary or other wise, welcomed.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: RE: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: M163 Vulcan SPAAG