Prev: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: DS2 Balance

Re: [OT] Columbia Games

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 02:41:44 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Columbia Games

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:53:09 -0400, "Laserlight"
<laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

>Someone else brought up the topics of block games, which led to
>me finding www.columbiagames.com .  I know there's a guarantee
>if bought direct, but I'd like to get opinions on them.
>laserlight@quixnet.net

I've only ever played the one, Rommel in the Desert, but it played well.
I DO
have Dixie (all sets), their Civil War collectible card game which --
thankfully -- they sell full sets of (you only need one of each card).
You can
apparently use Bobby Lee and Sam Grant as a campaign game for the card
game. I
enjoy the card games, and if the mechanics are similarly elegant in the
block
games (and I have heard they are) then you should pick them up.

For the record, I enjoy Eagles, their Napoleonic card game, too... CCGs
that
aren't REALLY collectible anymore, and that play like wargames. Who'd
have
thought?

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: DS2 Balance