Prev: Re: Detection by IR Next: Re: New Vector????

Re: Detection

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Detection

On 20-Apr-00 at 11:51, Brian Quirt (baqrt@mta.ca) wrote:

> I'm interested in how tactics
> change when you DO know what ships the opponent has, and what mass
they
> are, before you enter combat

It won't change, it won't occur.  If you could drop the "I have an
equal point value" viewpoint you would see what I am working toward.
Here, I'll annoy a few people on the list.

>      That's also the reason I'm involved in this debate. I am
extremely
> interested in HOW science works in the GZG-verse, and I find it
> extremely interesting to see the different beliefs. Still, I think
it's
> important to remember how much we already know. If you choose to
> handwave away space sensors, that's fine.

I'm not handwaving away space sensors, you are handwaving away
enhancements
to stealth technology.	30 years ago the thought of hiding a jet
was ludicrous.	Now a stealth bomber slips through enemy detection
with an almost insignificant radar shadow.  Who knows what stealth
enhancements the future will bring.

My handwaving is just as good as yours.  You choose which pieces of
science you want to enhance to get perfect sensors.  I choose the
pieces I want to enhance to get stealth.

Roger

Prev: Re: Detection by IR Next: Re: New Vector????