Prev: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight Next: [OT] Ertl Hoth Kit

RE: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:47:25 -0500
Subject: RE: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

John Atkinson wrote:
> New.	Where a K5 does 10 points of damage 84% of the time.  Note that
> average that high takes 15 beam dice, which at 12-24 takes 16 mass
worth
> of beams.  Haha.  That's even.  Or let's compare PTs, which average
3.5
> points of damage and have the same range bands and (usually) arc
> limitiations.  Gee, that takes an average of 4.6 (or thereabouts,
havn't
> done the math) to do 10 points of damage.  Five PTs weighs 20 mass.
> Yup.	That's balanced.

John, I think you are missing something in your calculations.
PT to K5, both have same range bands so that cancels each other out.
When a K5 hits, it does 10 points of damage on a 1-5 of a d6 and 5
points
when a 6 is rolled.  Thus the average damage per hit is 9.17 points
When a PT hits, average damage is 3.5 points.	9.17 diveded by 3.5
equals
2.62 PTs needed to equal one K5.  2.62 PTs at 4 mass each equals 10.48
mass.
The K5 is 11 mass but it inflicts a higher percentage of damage to the
hull
than the PT.

Looks balanced to me.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight Next: [OT] Ertl Hoth Kit