Prev: Saucer tanks in 1/300! Next: Re: Air games

Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:11:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

Laserlight wrote:
...Snip...JTL
> New.	I'll also point out that I was using battlecruisers with
> K5's; had it been a greater number of K3's, for example, it
> wouldn't have been as painful.
XXX
     It really does not make any difference.   Two 5s mass 22,
four 3s mass 20 and add two 1s for two more.   if you get 50% hits
and 50% double the damage is the same.	 yes, I know, one 10 hurts
much more than a 6, a 3, and a 1.    JTL
XXX

> >Seeings as it rips thru' armour too your best defenses would be
> longer
> >range beams or high manuverability. Keep the sods at range, hit
> them from
> >both sides and make them use up their scatterpacks needlessly
> would be my
> >advice.
XXX
     The strategy is inconsistent, high thrust and long range do not
force the 'K' to use up thier short range defensive weapons.
If the thoughts are fighters and missiles, what will you be using
to defeat the 'K' after the fighters and missiles are gone?   JTL
(I think this is actually directed to John A.)
XXX

Bye for now,
While putting on a asbestos suit.
John L.

Prev: Saucer tanks in 1/300! Next: Re: Air games