Prev: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long) Next: Re: [OT] Air combat games

Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:24:13 +1000
Subject: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

G'day,

>Lesson 2: "You can't avoid being in the F arc of a Kra'Vak
>ship."

Takes practice but is possible - try flanking moves (another thing that
takes prcatice but works very well against the KV).

>Oerjan mentioned that these were balanced for Cinematic; we were
>(as all right-thinking, decent and upright people do) playing
>Vector.  You can kinda tell that the KV weren't especially
>balanced for vector....the limitation of "F arc only" isn't much
>of a limitation.

Actually it is, you've just got to learn to exploit it - and the methods
whereby you do that are going to be different in vector.

>John suggests the quick and easy modification would be to delete
>the provision for KV weapons doing double damage.

Actually I don't think that's necessary, just out of interest were you
using the new mechanic or the old for dealing double damage?

>off, but I suspect it may take a while to develop that.
>Certainly as fleet that relies on shields (as the late CruRon5
>did) isn't going to cut it.

Seeings as it rips thru' armour too your best defenses would be longer
range beams or high manuverability. Keep the sods at range, hit them
from
both sides and make them use up their scatterpacks needlessly would be
my
advice.

>It'll be interesting to see what develops.

Yep the xeno war's going to be a wild ride ;)

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long) Next: Re: [OT] Air combat games