Prev: Anyone Heard from St. Jon? Next: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

From: "Conchart@g..." <conchart@geotec.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:38:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

Gee, I really meant to send this to the list the first time, so I'll fix
that this time. Your friend is right if you are using a high grade
plasma(something relatively easy to push into a plasma state) but a low
grade plasma would be so full of energy, that rather than a big ball of
steam, you'd end up with big ball of oxygen and hydrogen plasma
surrounded
with superheated steam surrounded with superheated water, and probably
still
some of the low grade plasma at the core when it got to it's target. I'm
saying that in the water you could probably switch from your standard
plasma
load up to a low grade plasma load for the plasma weapons, the stuff
might
definately be too dangerous to use in a gaseous atmosphere, but it might
just work in water, where normal plasma would quickly turn into so much
boiling water. So, in closing, I think plasma weapons could be used
effectively under water, though a point was made that it would almost
definately have to be used by atleast full body armored troops if not
powered armor due to how hot the water around the person fireing it
would
get. I'd work the physics out for you, but I don't have my tables with
me
and I don't feel like looking them up on the net. :)

Jade Tseng