Prev: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long) Next: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:52:44 +1000
Subject: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

G'day,

>Likely it would, but I can't see a plasma gun having enough
>effective range under water to be worth bothering with anyway.
>The energy would all get absorbed creating steam, within a
>fairly short distance, I'd think.  Perhaps if there's a viable
>laser wavelength that water won't absorb?  But I'd think you'd
>mostly be working with missiles/torpedoes.

I do think torpedos/missiles would be the primary weapon, if the
engagement
was in clear ocean waters then blue lasers would reach 100s of metres,
in
coastal waters its green light for a few tens of metres, and in turbid
estuaries you could use a red laser or you could just spit as that'd go
further - except of course if you had your visor down....;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long) Next: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)