Prev: Re: Detection sources Next: Re: Hide-n-Seek in minis gaming

RE: Active vs Passive (Gravity)

From: "Brian Bell" <bkb@b...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:36:28 -0400
Subject: RE: Active vs Passive (Gravity)

Since the GZG universe uses a Grav technology, it would seem reasonable
that
a gravity field detector/mapper would also be invented.

Yes, I agree that the gravity produced by a ship or even a group of
ships
would be miniscule compaired to a planet or large asteroid.

However, the grav technology appears to be directional. This would be
necessary to create the gravity decks on ships. It would also make sense
that the Grav drive units of ships would also be directional. Perhaps
this
non-natural patterns of Gravity would be able to be detected.

And I will conceed that these units could be turned off for a ship that
is
trying to hide from sensors.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net <mailto:bkb@beol.net>
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
---

PS. The above could also be done by limited range Gravity, but I
intensly
dislike this idea.

Prev: Re: Detection sources Next: Re: Hide-n-Seek in minis gaming