Prev: Re: Detection sources Next: Re: Active vs Passive

Re: More EW, the celebration continues!

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <a.leibrick@v...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:09:17 +0100
Subject: Re: More EW, the celebration continues!

Laserlight
> Let's consider the logic of this.  You paint a target with your
> own FC, the signals come back with a delay for distance, and you
> shoot based on that.	With the drone, the drone paints the
> target, receives the signal with a delay for distance from
> target to drone, processes it (another delay) and passes the
> information on to you (a third delay).  Total distance delay
> will be at least as much as if you had pinged the target
> directly and will usually be more, plus you have the drone's
> processing time.  I don't see that as making a hit more likely.

It makes it more likely because the drone is supplying the firer with a
constant update of the targets position. The information delay would be
between the  drone and the target. If it's 10mu, then the info delay is
20
(double the distance). The info then gets sent to the firer who is 20mu,
so
the info delay is 20. Total time 40. As opposed an info delay of 60
between
firer and target 30mu distance.
Looking at this, I'm not sure if I'm being clear, but it is 1:00am

Tony

It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet.
Join AllAdvantage.com at
http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LBY-249

Prev: Re: Detection sources Next: Re: Active vs Passive