Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee Next: Re: Hide-n-Seek in minis gaming

Re: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:40:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee

In message <200004132342.JAA01591@strait.hba.marine.csiro.au>
	  Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> wrote:

> G'day Charles,
>
> > in Fleet Book 2 - I cannot find the mass and points cost of
> >either Stinger nodes or Pod launchers in the text describing them - I
> >can find the values in the examples given on page 24, but nowhere
else,

> Umm well, umm at least they were there somewhere.... sorry 'bout that.
>
> >likewise, for both Kra-Vak and Phalons, Fighter Hanger Bay are stated
> >use 9 Mass and cost 18 points, (page 10 and 36), while in Fleet Book
1 a
> >Hanger Bay costs 3 points per Mass.
>
> Yep that's another problem, for the Phalons and Kra'Vak they're
actually as
> of FB1 (that'd show up if you tried to mirror one of their carrier
> designs). If its any help, Oerjan pointed out a lot of the fumbles
last
> week so they'd be in the list archives (send to majordomo for those as
> don't think Jerry would have them up yet). I also think someone was
> collating them into a FAQ(??).
>
> Besides those grumbles how did you find it? Tim for one would like a
> thorough review..... ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

[snip]
I like it a lot, (although I _worry_ about Phalon plasma bolts :-) each
of the alien races has its own distinctive capabilities, and will evolve
its own tactics.
The Kra-Vak and Sa'Vasku are much more detailed than they were in More
Thrust, and have more toys (ie. systems) to play with, those pod
launchers have a lot of potential :-)
Also the artwork is very good quality.

However I would have liked a table summarising the component costs, but
this is only another minor quibble.

All in all, a worthwile buy.

Charles
--

Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee Next: Re: Hide-n-Seek in minis gaming